[Python-Dev] Let's update CObject API so it is safe and regular!

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Thu Apr 2 21:28:48 CEST 2009

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> OK, my proposal would be to agree on the value of this string too:
> "module.variable".

That's a fine idea for cases where the CObject is stored as an attribute
of a module; my next update of my patch will change the existing uses to
use that format.

> Why would you care about safety for ctypes? It's about as unsafe as it
> gets anyway. Coredump emptor I say.

_ctypes and exporting C APIs are not the only use cases of CObjects in
the wild.  Please see, uh, that email I wrote like five minutes ago,
also a reply to you.

/larry/