[Python-Dev] core python tests

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Apr 4 20:37:26 CEST 2009

Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Collin Winter <collinw at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> stdlib-sig isn't *quite* right (the testing and benchmarking are as much
>>> about core python as the stdlib) - although we could view the benchmarks and
>>> tests themselves as part of the standard library...
>>>
>>> Either way we should get it underway. Collin and Jeffrey - happy to use
>>> stdlib-sig?
>>>
>> Works for me.
>>

> Me too.
>
> bcc python-dev, -> stdlib-sig
>
> First question: Do people want the unladen-swallow performance tests
> in the CPython repository until the whole library gets moved out? If
> so, where? Tools/performance? Lib/test/benchmarks?

I'm +1 on including them (so long as they run under trunk of course) but
agnostic on location.

Maybe better not in test as it might be expected that a full regrtest
would then run them?

I'm keeping Python-dev cc'd as it is a Python-dev decision and bcc
messages require individual admin approval.

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/blog