[Python-Dev] Mercurial?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 7 04:25:36 CEST 2009

Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 06:20, Alexandre Vassalotti
> <alexandre at peadrop.com> wrote:
>> But that won't work if people who are not core developers submit us
>> patch bundle to import. And maintaining a such white-list sounds to me
>> more burdensome than necessary.
>
> Well, if you need contributors to sign a contributor's agreement
> anyway, there's already some list out there that we can leverage.
>
> The other option is to play the consenting adults card and ask all
> people with push access to ascertain the correct names of committer
> names on patches they push.

I would remind you all that it's *very* necessary to make sure that
whatever finds its way into released code is indeed covered by
contributor agreements. The PSF (as the guardian of the IP) has to
ensure this, and so we have to find a way of ensuring that all
contributions to source are correctly logged against authors in a
traceable way.

regasds
 Steve
Want to know? Come to PyCon - soon! http://us.pycon.org/