[Python-Dev] #!/usr/bin/env python --> python3 where applicable

Mitchell L Model MLMLists at Comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 22:08:55 CEST 2009

Some library files, such as pdb.py, begin with
	#!/usr/bin/env python
In various discussions regarding some issues I submitted I was told
that the decision had been made to call Python 3.x release
executables python3. (One of the conflicts I ran into when I made
'python' a link to python3.1 was that some tools used in making the
HTML documentation haven't been upgraded to run with 3.)

Shouldn't all library files that begin with the above line be changed
so that they read 'python3' instead of python? Perhaps I should have
just filed this as an issue, but I'm not confident of the state of
the plan to move to python3 as the official executable name.