[Python-Dev] #!/usr/bin/env python --> python3 where applicable

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Apr 19 20:51:47 CEST 2009

> The installer still leaves PATH alone by default, doesn't it?

Correct. However, people frequently set the path "by hand", so
they would probably appreciate a python3 binary (and pythonw3?
python3w?). Of course, those people could also manually
copy/rename the executable.

> Although I guess choosing a file association for .py files becomes
> rather more interesting...

Indeed. We could register a py3 extension (and py3w? pyw3?),
but then .py might remain associated with python3, even though
people want it associated with python 2.

Regards,
Martin