[Python-Dev] I would like an svn account

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jan 3 17:46:39 CET 2009

[I don't want to get into another DVCS flamewar, but I just
 can't let this go uncommented :-]
> (took me ~ 1 hour to get around
> without any previous encounter with git and I am no genius)

I'm no genius, either, and I think that git is the most horrible
VCS that I ever had to use. The error messages are incomprehensible,
and it fails to do stuff that should be trivial (and indeed is trivial
in subversion). On this project, I spent 40% of the time fighting
git, 40% of the time fighting Perl, and was productive on 20% of the
time. IOW, I find the learning curve for git extremely steep.

Regards,
Martin