[Python-Dev] Python 3.0 grammar ambiguous?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 22:18:08 CET 2009

Fabio Zadrozny wrote:
> Because it is able to handle the constructs removing the ambiguity,
> and make things right semantically later on, but I don't like the idea
> of being so different from the official grammar (although I'm running
> out of choices).

I'm not sure it is the same (or at least related) problem, but a parsing
ambiguity was also reported for the lambda varargslist in 2.x:
http://bugs.python.org/issue2009

I think I'd be happier with fiddling the Grammar to eliminate these
problems if Guido was to chime in as the author of pgen though... (since
pgen appears to be able to make sense of the grammar as it currently
stands, while other parsers sometimes have trouble)

Cheers,
Nick.