[Python-Dev] Addition of further status options to tracker

Daniel (ajax) Diniz ajaksu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 05:20:25 CET 2009

Terry Reedy  wrote:
> The other problem with too many specifics is non-use.  As it is, an issue is
> sometimes closed with no resolution marked, so one has to scroll down,
> possibly a long way, to see whether it was accepted or rejected.  (Is it
> possible to require a resolution when closing?)

Yes, it is possible. If you think it should be implemented, file a RFE
in the meta tracker.

However, it'll also be much easier to mass-edit issues in the near
future, so if this kind of (careful) cleanup can be done by tracker
janitors later, it might be best to leave core developers free of
these requirements...

Soon we'll also have the option of marking an issue as Pending and
having it automatically closed some time later.

Daniel