[Python-Dev] And the winner is...

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Mar 31 18:59:11 CEST 2009

Nick Coghlan writes:

 > Every single git command line example I have seen gives me exactly the
 > same gut reaction I get whenever I have to read Perl code.

Every single one?  Sounds to me like the cause is probably something
you ate, not anything you read.  In the examples in the PEP, about 80%
of the commands were syntactically identical across VCSes.

I hope nobody is put off either git or bzr by the result of this PEP.
If there's anything striking about the PEP's examples, it's how
similar the usage of the VCSes would be in the context of Python's
workflow.  There are important differences, and I agree with Guido's
choice, for Python, on March 30, 2009.  But all three are capable
VCSes, with advantages and disadvantages, and were this PEP started
next June rather than last December, the result could have been very
different.