[Python-Dev] 2.7 Release? 2.7 == last of the 2.x line?

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 00:24:54 CET 2009

Not that anyone has asked yet, but here's my opinion on two issues
that have been raised on the python-dev mailing list lately:

	+1 on 2.7 release with as much 3.0 "easy-port goo" as is practicable
without delaying the product beyond the tentative schedule.  Sooner
would, of course, be better but I'm sure PEP 373 was produced after
due consideration of all pertinent factors.

	+1 on 2.7 being the last of the 2.x series.  Enough already!

I, personally, haven't even written my first line of 3.x code, nor
have I had any good reason to.

If I saw the actual end of the line at 2.7, I would actually start
looking for 3.x versions of my favorite tools and would be much more
inclined to help push them along ASAP.

Right now, so much that I use on a daily basis doesn't even have a 3.x
roadmap, much less any sort of working implementation, that I don't
see switching to 3.x ever unless the 2.x line ends, and soon!

Just my one vote.