[Python-Dev] 2.7 Release? 2.7 == last of the 2.x line?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Nov 3 12:40:38 CET 2009

Sturla Molden <sturla <at> molden.no> writes:

> Porting NumPy is not a trivial issue. It might take
> a complete rewrite of the whole C base using Cython.

I don't see why they would need a rewrite. Little of the C API has changed
between 2.x and 3.x. Cython itself is supposed to support both 2.x and 3.x,
isn't it?

> NumPy's ABI is not even PEP 3118 compliant.

That's interesting, because PEP 3118 was pushed mainly by a prominent member of
the NumPy community and some of its features are almost dedicated to NumPy.

Regards

Antoine.