[Python-Dev] Cython as a Python implementation

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Thu Nov 5 19:55:17 CET 2009

Maciej Fijalkowski, 05.11.2009 19:01:
>> Most Python implementations do not reimplement the stdlib, or at most a
>> minor part of it, so that's right out of the discussion.
>
> Did you actually check?

Well, I know that Jython uses the original stdlib modules through
svn:externals in the build, last thing I heard about IronPython was that
they are allowed to use other people's code now, so I imagine they do the
same thing, and I wouldn't expect PyPy to rewrite the existing Python code
that exists in the stdlib. So the only remaining problem are the C
extensions in CPython, and that's the minor part I mentioned above.

Stefan