[Python-Dev] Status of the Buildbot fleet and related bugs

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 06:53:40 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:27 AM, Mark Dickinson <dickinsm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:53 AM, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
>
>>    (2) issue 4970: consistent signal 32 error on the norwitz-x86 Gentoo
>>        buildslave in 3.1 and 3.x.  This may be due to the box
>>        running an old threading library, but it does make one wonder what
>>        changed in 3.x that exposed it.
>
> This error has been happening since well before 3.0 was released.  Asking
> for access to Neal's machine is probably the only sensible way to diagnose
> it. (A less invasive but slower way to debug would be to create a branch
> especially for this bug and do repeated runs to figure out which part of test_os
> is causing the failure.)

IIRC, I spent quite a bit of time trying to nail this down.  I don't
remember finding any useful information on the cause (beyond narrowing
it to some tests).  As Mark said, this has been happening for a long
time.

I'm reticent to provide access to the machine, as it's not really
mine.  I'm not even sure I have access, I haven't logged in for a long
time.

I'd just like to say thanks again to everyone for making the buildbots
more green and also improving the general testing infrastructure for
Python.