[Python-Dev] raw binary data and 2to3

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:27:00 CET 2009

2009/11/9 Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org>:
> Not to my knowledge. I would prefer to not add a fixer for this
> directly to 2to3 because it is not correct for most programs. However,
> I think 2to3 should grow some sort of plugin system, so custom fixers
> can easily be written and used.

Well, 2to3 is only plugins, so. :) The difficulty in writing fixers is
understanding the abstract parse tree or whatever it's called and how
to use it. Documentation on that for people who don't have a doctorate
in computer linguistics would probably be a good idea. ;)

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64