[Python-Dev] PyPI comments and ratings, *really*?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Nov 13 00:25:41 CET 2009

> And how many of the "good" comments are astroturfers?

If I understand that term correctly, it's about disguise: how would
I be able to answer that question?

> What's so bad about package maintainers from having an opt-out?

PyPI is not just (and perhaps not even primarily) there for the package
authors, but for the package users (and not surprisingly, it's
primarily the package authors who ask for banning the user opinions).

I'm just not willing to submit to one side; hence the poll.

Regards,
Martin