[Python-Dev] Too many Python accounts

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Nov 15 23:20:25 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> [snip...]
>> Why not allow users to login with their own openid, but
>> only allow one account to refer back to the same delegated account?
>>

> That sounds good. I'm not sure how to implement a provider change
> in that scenario, though.

Even not having provider changes supported would still allow me to use
my openid with PyPI which would be great. The only problem with changing
provider that I can see is when the provider a user changes to would
then be a duplicate - in which case I think just refusing to allow the
login would be fine (rather than changing the provider for that account).

All the best,

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/