[Python-Dev] PEP 391 ready for review

Dj Gilcrease digitalxero at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 23:28:30 CET 2009

I would recommend removing the class keyword and replacing it with the
() as you have in the custom examples or replacing () with class so it
is uniform across all config options

handlers:
 file:
   class : logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler
   formatter: precise
   filename: logconfig.log
   maxBytes: 1024
   backupCount: 3

 custom:
   (): my.package.MyHandler
   alternate: cfg://handlers.file

This just strikes me as odd to have to remember for built in handlers
I need to use the class keyword and for my custom handlers I need to
use (). My preference would be the class keyword vs the odd (), as
that is what I am defining, the class to be used for this handler.

The ext:// I think should be py:// when defining objects to be access
via pythons normal import mechanisms and ext:// for resolving external
processes or system calls