[Python-Dev] Possible language summit topic: buildbots

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Oct 25 15:36:51 CET 2009

<exarkun <at> twistedmatrix.com> writes:

> To me, that raises the question of why people aren't more concerned with
> the status of the build system.  Shouldn't developers care if the code
> they're writing works or not?

The fact that we ask questions and publicly express worries should hint that we
/are/ concerned :-)
However, being mostly developers rather than system admins, and not knowing
anything about the details of how buildbot does its work (not to mention the
details of this or that particular buildslave and slave owner), makes us (at
least me) quite clueless when faced with a buildbot-not-working-as-expected
problem.

Regards

Antoine.