[Python-Dev] thinking about 2.7

Benjamin Peterson benjamin at python.org
Wed Sep 23 16:35:07 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,
I've started plotting the release of 2.7. I'd like to try for a final
release mid next summer. 3.2 should be released, if not at the same
time as 2.7, within a few weeks to avoid 2.x having features which 3.x
doesn't. If no one has problems with this, I will draft a schedule.

Are we still planning to make 3.3 the main development focus and start
the 5 years of 2.x maintenance after this release?

Additionally, I'm very apprehensive about doing any kind of release
without the buildbots running. Does anyone know when they might be up?

--
Regards,
Benjamin