[Python-Dev] Tracker reviews workflow and flags

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 04:20:52 CET 2010

I am generally happy with the tracker workflow and in my experience,
issues that are lingering are lingering for a good reason.

I've decided to add my two cents to this thread because I've just had
a negative experience with how issue 8154 and my input to it were
handled.

I will not go into details here beyond referring to
http://bugs.python.org/issue8154, but if you follow the link, you'll
see that there was not a consensus on how the issue should be
addressed and even whether or not it was a bug.  Nevertheless the
patch was committed both to the trunk and to 2.6 without any answer to
my concerns and without  even an rNNN link to the committed revision.

I think it would be nice if committers would not cut the discussion
short without at least a note explaining their decision.