[Python-Dev] Impaired Usability of the Mercurial Source Viewer

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Apr 1 05:44:16 CEST 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:20:53 -0700
Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Surely, we at least have control over our own CSS.
> At http://hg.python.org/cpython/static/style-paper.css
> there are two lines that control the alternating bars:
>
> .parity0 { background-color: #f0f0f0; }
> .parity1 { background-color: white; }
>
> One of those could be changed to match the other so that we
> at can at least get a solid background.

It also applies to the changelog and therefore would make the changelog
uglier (you had already asked me to make that change and I reverted it
after I tried it). The changelog is, IMHO, a bit more important than the
source viewer.

Impacting only the source viewer looks like it would require a patch
to the generation logic, although I could be mistaken.

Regards

Antoine.