[Python-Dev] contributors survey?

Jérôme Radix jerome.radix at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:23:48 CET 2011

It seems that there are two kinds of developers (ok, it's over-generalized)
:

1- the ones that have a problem with python and file bugs into the issue
trackers : they don't try to search for solutions, they want core-developers
to check and correct their bugs. The motivation for these developers are
that they have a problem to solve. They do a great job finding tricky
problems.

2- the ones that try to reproduce bugs filed into the issue tracker, that
try to create patches : the motivation for these developers are that they
"love" python, they "love" to solve problems and learn about the python
language details. These are generally the ones that participate to events
like hackathons, bug days...

IMHO, what python misses the most are developers of the second category. A
solution would be to organize and promote this second category of developers
in order to grow their number.

Jérôme.