[Python-Dev] devguide: More miscellaneous review comments.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 00:52:17 CET 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 3:05 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
>> > At least a manual checklist is able to explain you why
>> > the items are recommended.
>
> ... which make patchcheck's very terse output doesn't provide.
> That said I admit it can be useful to newcomers.

I'd say the opposite - I personally find it useful because I already
know what all the items refer to (and hence know when I can safely
ignore them). It's a handy memory jogger to see if I completely forgot
something (forgetting to check ACKS for names I'm not familiar with is
one that often catches me out).

Having a manual checklist listed in the devguide would be very useful,
especially for new committers. It could mention "make patchcheck" as
well.

Cheers,
Nick.