[Python-Dev] Hg: inter-branch workflow

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:58:23 CET 2011

On 21 March 2011 16:20, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> It could be that some aspect of the tools causes A and B to not be hidden as
> well as they should, so that when looking at the history for example, the fact
> that A and B exist is a jarring or annoying artifact that would be better if
> they didn't exist.

My understanding is that Bazaar has a strong concept of the "mainline"
in the DAG, whereas hg (and presumably git, although I know little of
git) expose all parts of the DAG as equal. So yes, A and B are "not
hidden as well as they should" in hg and git.

There's a cultural argument over that "should", of course...

Paul.