[Python-Dev] Trimming "make quicktest"

David Bolen db3l.net at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 19:29:22 CET 2011

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 12:36 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
>> You mean in the "-j" option itself or in "make test"?
>
> I was actually suggesting that -j be the *default* in regrtest itself,
> with an option to turn it off or force a particular number of
> processes.

Just one request - if there are changes in this direction (e.g.,
trying to make regrtest use all cores by default), please include the
ability to configure/override this for individual builders (or at
least slaves) since otherwise I won't be able to disable it.

I, for example, have cases where I may not automatically want all
cores that regrtest happens to "see" get used, as the slave is doing
other things too.  Command line options to regrtest won't help since
that's not something I, as a slave owner, can override for test
builds.

-- David