[Python-Dev] Python 3.3 release schedule posted

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Wed Mar 23 20:56:09 CET 2011

I've posted a very preliminary Python 3.3 release schedule as PEP 398.
The final release is set to be about 18 months after 3.2 final, which
is in August 2012.

For 3.3, I'd like to revive the tradition of listing planned large-scale
changes in the PEP.  Please let me know if you plan any such changes,
at any time.  (If they aren't codified in PEP form, we should think about
whether they should be.)

The "Candidate PEPs" I listed are those open PEPs that in my opinion have
the highest chance to be accepted and implemented for 3.3.  It is by no
means binding.

cheers,
Georg