[Python-Dev] Python Support on OpenVMS

Mathew, Sandeep (OpenVMS) sandeep.mathew at hp.com
Mon May 16 10:08:27 CEST 2011

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses!. First thing on my radar is to get buildbot working on OpenVMS.
I had a quick glance at source, although buildbot is written purely in python it has many
platform specific issues. See: https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/blob/master/master/README.w32
However I am guessing that it may not be very difficult to resolve.

I will concentrating on Itanium systems initially and will later port it to Alpha in a similar
way. I have requested for an account in HP's OpenVMS cluster meant for open source development.
I will kick off my work after the account has been activated!

Regards
Sandeep Mathew