[Python-Dev] PEP 3151 accepted

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Oct 12 00:22:43 CEST 2011

As the BDFOP for PEP 3151, I hereby accept it for inclusion into Python 3.3.

Congratulations to Antoine for producing a great PEP that has broad acceptance
in the Python development community, with buy-in from all the major
implementations of Python.  Antoine's branch is ready to go and it should now
be merged into the default branch.

PEP 3151 will bring some much needed sanity to this part of the standard
exception hierarchy, and I for one look forward to being able to write code
directly using it, one day finally eliminating most of my `import errno`s!

Cheers,
-Barry