[Python-Dev] Buildbot failures

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 05:40:16 CEST 2011

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 5:30 AM, Andrea Crotti
<andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If one is not clearly defined, maybe notifying the last N developers that
> committed
> between the last successful builds and the failing build, would it be
> possible and make sense?

Yeah, as Antoine noted, that's where we want to get to eventually, but
at the moment, even the "stable" buildbots are a bit too flaky for us
to turn that on (essentially, the buildbots end up spamming the
alerts, so people start assuming they're *all* false alarms and the
notifications become ineffective). We're getting closer though - since
the buildbots were put in place, many of the flakier tests have been
redesigned to be significantly more reliable.

In the meantime, we rely on committers to check the buildbot pages for
a day or two after they make commits to confirm there aren't any
lurking cross-platforms problems or other issues with their changes.

Cheers,
Nick.