[Python-Dev] folding cElementTree behind ElementTree in 3.3

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Feb 16 10:13:39 CET 2012

> So, getting back to the topic again, is there any reason why you would
> oppose backing the ElementTree module in the stdlib by cElementTree's
> accelerator module? Or can we just consider this part of the discussion
> settled and start getting work done?

I'd still like to know who is in charge of the etree package now. I know
that I'm not, so I just don't have any opinion on the technical question
of using the accelerator module (it sounds like a reasonable idea, but
it also sounds like something that may break existing code). If the
maintainer of the etree package would pronounce that it is ok to make
this change, I'd have no objection at all. Lacking a maintainer, I feel
responsible for any bad consequences of that change, which makes me feel
uneasy about it.

Regards,
Martin