[Python-Dev] http://pythonmentors.com/

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Thu Feb 23 08:24:23 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 01:15, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
> Brian Curtin writes:
>
>  > If you want to contribute to development, I think you'll know that a
>  > link about development is relevant.
>
> For values of "you" in "experienced programmers", yes.  But
> translators and tech writers don't consider what they do to be
> "development."

I don't know what this is saying, but I'll guess it's some suggestion
that we should still name the link "Contributing". Keep in mind that
the current "Core Development" link on the front page goes directly to
http://docs.python.org/devguide/ -- getting this page in people's
hands earlier is a Good Thing. However, this is not a correct link
from something named "Contributing".

It would have to say "Contributing Code", but then it leaves out docs
and translations and our resident spelling bee contestants. Paint the
bike shed any way you want except the plain "Contributing" color,
please.