[Python-Dev] cross-compiling patches

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 1 10:22:10 CEST 2012

On 30.06.2012 23:17, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think these patches are premature (they break compilation on OS X,
> and they break ctypes configure on my Linux box).

that was unrelated. fixed last night.

> Furthermore, they
> were committed post-beta, which means they should probably have waited
> for after the 3.3 release. So I propose for these commits to be
> reverted.

somebody (?) asked on irc that either Martin or I should update the internal
copies, and someone suggested to do the same with the expat sources. And I asked
our release manager if he was ok with this post beta change.

> (to be clear, I'm talking about all configure / Makefile / setup.py /
> libffi changes since and including
> http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/e6e99d449bdc876fa57111e7e534c44ecbc3bcbd
> )

the first cross-build fixes went in in April, please consider these fixes for
the then incomplete cros-build fixes. The build issues you did see last night,
were fixed for the OS X build, and I reverted the update for the compiler search
paths for the native build. So please lets keep this cross-build support for
3.3. It's working, tested with a arm-linux-gnueabi build on x86_64-linux-gnu.

  Matthias