[Python-Dev] feature freeze questions

Chris Jerdonek chris.jerdonek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 01:28:38 CEST 2012

I have a few questions about feature freeze:

(1) Is increasing test coverage acceptable during feature freeze, even
if it does not involve fixing a bug?

(2) When adding new tests (e.g. in the course of fixing a bug or
increasing test coverage), are we allowed to refactor other tests so
that supporting test code can be shared?  Or should the tests be added
in a less DRY fashion and refactored only after the branch goes back
to pre-alpha?

(3) What types of documentation changes are allowed during feature
freeze?  For example, are we only allowed to fix incorrect
information, or is it acceptable to improve or add to the information
about existing functionality?

Thanks,
--Chris