[Python-Dev] feature freeze questions

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:40:40 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:
>     You cannot skip the peer review during an RC, no matter how small!
> Even if it is a simple copy-and-paste change, everything requires peer
> review from a core developer.

The extra restrictions during RC are more about not doing things that
might force the release to be postponed while a broken change gets
unwound. During normal maintenance, we have a bit more time to recover
based on buildbot failures or post-checkin review.

Another way of reading that paragraph is "once we hit RC, start
postponing everything to the next bugfix release, *unless* at least 2
core devs agree it really needs to be in the current release"

Cheers,
Nick.