[Python-Dev] Issue 1677 - please advise

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Jun 29 17:16:50 CEST 2012

I've been working on issue 1677 which concerns a race condition in
the interactive interpreter on Windows where a Ctrl-C can in some
circumstances cause the interpreter to exit as though a Ctrl-Z had
been pressed. I've added patches to the issue for 2.7, 3.2 & default.

I can't see any realistic way to add a test for this.
Unsurprisingly there don't appear to be any tests in the test suite
for the interactive interpreter and even if there were, this is an
inconsistent race condition I'm fixing.

So... should I go ahead and push anyway, or is there anything else
I should be doing as part of the change?

Thanks

TJG