[Python-Dev] Fwd: PEP 426 is now the draft spec for distribution metadata 2.0

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Wed Feb 20 01:54:21 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Donald Stufft <donald.stufft at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's not add anything to the stdlib till it has real world usage. Doing
> otherwise is putting the cart before the horse.

I'd posit that anything successful will no longer need to be added to
the standard
library, to boot.  Packaging hasn't done well there.

I'd rather see a successful packaging story develop than bundle it into the
standard library.  The later just isn't that interesting any more.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein