[Python-Dev] Daemon creation code in the standard library (was: Inherance of file descriptor and handles on Windows (PEP 446))

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 25 04:08:18 CEST 2013

Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> writes:

> To reduce the need for 3rd party subprocess creation code, we should
> have better daemon creation code in the stdlib -- I wrote some damn
> robust code for this purpose in my previous job, but it never saw the
> light of day.

Work continues on the PEP 3143-compatible ‘python-daemon’, porting it to
Python 3 and aiming for inclusion in the standard library.

Interested parties are invited to join us on the discussion forums
<URL:http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/python-daemon-devel>.

--
 \            “Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in |
  `\       choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable.” —John |