[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython: Add reference implementation for PEP 443

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Fri Jun 7 16:27:06 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 3:20 AM, lukasz.langa <python-checkins at python.org>wrote:

> +from weakref import WeakKeyDictionary

FYI, this change exposes a bug in the atexit module involving
subinterpreters, causing the refleaks reported by Antoine's daily report:
interpreter startup now always imports weakref, which imports atexit and
registers a classmethod. Unfortunately the atexit module doesn't seem to
know subinterpreters from subtitles and so doesn't unregister this
classmethod when the subinterpreter is terminated.

This isn't a new bug, but it's exposed by always importing weakref and
atexit during interpreter startup. I'm wondering if that's really necessary
:)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

Hi! I'm an email virus! Think twice before sending your email to help me
spread!