[Python-ideas] Where-statement (Proposal for function expressions)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jul 18 07:50:11 CEST 2009

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org>
writes:

> In other words, we need better programmers' editors which can
> temporarily bring the low-level code close to the high-level code, not
> more syntax.

That assumes that we only look at program code using such editors, and
ignores all the time spent looking at the code on paper, on web sites,
in messages to each other, etc.

If the source code is hard enough to read that we need special tools to
make it readable, there's not much point any more in pretending that
it's plain text. I hope we never approach that.

--
 \      “I like my dental hygenist, I think she's very pretty; so when |
  `\    I go to have my teeth cleaned, while I'm in the waiting room I |