[Python-ideas] Where-statement (Proposal for function expressions)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Jul 18 09:04:47 CEST 2009

Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> writes:

> Is there a MIME type for Python code? Something a Web browser or email
> client could use to catch Python snippets, and interpose a reasonable
> edit/inspect mode for that code? Still wouldn't help with paper, but I
> can imagine other uses for such a registration.

My system-installed ‘/etc/mime.types’ has an entry for each of
‘application/x-python-code’ (for compiled bytecode) and ‘text/x-python’
(for Python source).

--
 \          “When we call others dogmatic, what we really object to is |
  `\   their holding dogmas that are different from our own.” —Charles |