[Python-ideas] a new lambda syntax

Masklinn masklinn at masklinn.net
Tue Oct 20 10:39:44 CEST 2009

On 20 Oct 2009, at 01:06 , Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> If your "anonymous code block" is more complicated than a single short
> expression, it's too complicated to be "obviously correct" just from
> looking at it, and so it should be documented and tested.

I have the same issue with this as with Oleg's pronouncement (which
runs along the same lines): does that mean you never write for or if
statements with more than a single line in them?

Yet these are also "anonymous code blocks" which you say here are "too
complicated to be obviously correct just from looking at [them]".

If that's the case, why should compound statements even be allowed?
They're breeding grounds for multiline anonymous blocks of code…