[Python-ideas] stdlib with its own release cycle ?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Oct 26 23:18:01 CET 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Something I've long been curious about (but never even come close to
> having the time to research) is the idea of using CPython extensions
> with PyPy. It sounds like that would involve an effort in a similar vein
> to porting Ironclad to Jython (i.e. porting the back end to PyPy instead).

I'd love to see someone from PyPy comment on this too. IIUC they
aren't particularly keen -- their approach so far has been based on
porting existing C extensions to use ctypes, which they *do* support.

--
--Guido van Rossum

PS. My elbow needs a couple more weeks of rest. Limiting myself to
ultra-short emails.