[Python-ideas] Making Python more enterprise technology

Bruce Frederiksen dangyogi at gmail.com
Mon May 10 15:44:55 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Jim Jewett <jimjjewett at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]  In python, I can reset the values of sys.*, and it will
> affect other programs running on the same virtual machine.

I'm a bit confused by what you are trying to say.

By "virtual machine", do you mean the python byte code interpretor?  But
generally each instance of the python virtual machine only runs one program.

Or, by "virtual machine" do you mean the kvm/vmware sort of thing?  But if
so, what mechanism are you thinking is used to reset these values?  Patching
a file in the python library directory?

-Bruce