[Python-ideas] Move Demo scripts under Lib

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:05:58 CEST 2010

I would like to report a conclusion reached on the tracker to a wider
audience before committing the changes.  The new home for Demo/turtle
is Lib/turtledemo.  (Lib/turtle/demo alternative received no support
and Lib/demo/turtle was not even in the running.)

If anyone is interested in reviewing the patch, please see
http://bugs.python.org/issue10199.  Note that I tried to limit changes
to what was necessary for running the demo script as python -m
demoturtle.  Running the scripts as unit tests and from python prompt
will be subject of a separate issue.