[Python-ideas] Exact integral types in struct

Serhiy Storchaka storchaka at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:02:34 CET 2012

21.03.12 01:46, Matt Joiner написав(ла):
> You can also use "3s", then int.from_bytes. Strangely, the need for
> finer control of struct members has never come up, I guess this is the
> legacy of C.

Thank you. I'm not very familiar with the latest API.

I think that in the documentation for the struct module should clarify,
what is the *standard* size and alignment. The struct module is widely
used in the standard library for working with binary formats (aifc,
base64, binhex, compileall, dbm, gettext, gzip, idlelib, logging,
modulefinder, msilib, pickle, wave, xdrlib, zipfile).