[Python-ideas] sys.implementation

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:22:13 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
> Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at ...> writes:
>>
>> I'd like to move this forward, so any objections or feedback at this
>> point would be helpful.
>
> I would like to see a concrete proposal of what would get put in there.

+1

A possible starting list:

- impl name (with a view to further standardising the way we check for
impl specific tests in the regression test suite)
- impl version (official place to store the implementation version,
potentially independent of the language version as it already is in
PyPy)
- cache tag (replacement for imp.get_tag())

Cheers,
Nick.