[Python-ideas] yield from multiple iterables (was Re: The async API of the future: yield-from)

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sat Oct 20 00:31:15 CEST 2012

Hi Guido, Marc, all,

this is a veery promising result, telling
me that the big Oh can in fact be
neglected in real applications. 20 for
twi is good!

I will of course do an analysis and find
the parameters of the quadratic, but my
concern is pretty much tamed.

For me that means there will soon be
a library that contains real generators
and more building blocks.

I think using those would simplify the
design of the async API quite a lot.

I suggest to regard current generator
constructs as low-level helpers for
Implementing the real concurrency
building blocks.

Instead of using the existing re.compile("yield (from)?") pattern, I think we can abstract
from this now and think in terms of
higher level constructs.

Let's assume generators and coroutines,
and model concurrency from that. I
believe this unwinds the brains and
clarifies things a lot.

I will provide sone classes for that at
the pycon.de sprint, unless somebody
implements it earlier (please don't).

This email was written in non-linear
order, so please ignore logic inversions.

Cheers - chris

Sent from my Ei4Steve