[Python-ideas] Order in the documentation search results

Hernan Grecco hernan.grecco at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 05:05:38 CET 2013

Hi,

I have done some work to improve the search results on the Python
Docs. You can compare the current [0] with the proposed [1], or both
at the same time [2]. It is basically a patch for sphinx [4], plus a
python specific javascript [3]. The ideas are briefly explained [4].

I have not optimized the scores in [4], just some educated guesses.

best,

Hernan

[0] http://hgrecco.github.com/searchpydocs/current/
[1] http://hgrecco.github.com/searchpydocs/proposed/