[Python-ideas] bool.from_config_str()

Bernardo Sulzbach mafagafogigante at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:19:24 EDT 2016

On 06/13/2016 03:21 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> To be honest, I had forgotten about configparser. But I stand by my
> earlier comments: in this 21st century globally-connected world, to
> expect all users to write "yes" in a config file when they mean "oui" or
> "ja" is unacceptable.

Users (the chunk of meat type) should not have access to configuration
files.

Developers should know the human language the project is being developed
in (and it should be English).

As far as a configuration file goes, supporting only 1 and 0 for true
and false is good enough.

This "globally-connected paranoia" would justify having

      rotating = ee

In public codebases. What is ee? True? False? A number?