[Python-ideas] Repr of lambda

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Dec 20 18:58:28 EST 2017

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 03:55:01PM -0500, Franklin? Lee wrote:

> Wow, that's way too aggressive for this list.

Hair-trigger sensitivity to "aggressiveness" is itself a form of
aggression, because it leads to unfair accusations of aggressiveness
and other over-reactions, and forces people to "walk on eggshells"
rather than say what they are actually thinking.

Remember that tone of voice doesn't communicate well across email. You
should always read email and give the writer the benefit of the doubt:
"if I were face to face with this person, and could see relaxed posture
and a smile, or hear a friendly tone of voice, would I still think this
was aggressive?"

--
Steve